21 – 22 November: ACLOUD Workshop
The ACLOUD workshop took place from 21st to 22nd of November, 2016 in Bremen (Germany).
The ACLOUD campaign will take place from May 22nd to June 28th, 2017. The AWI Polar 5 and Polar 6 research aircrafts will be deployed in Ny-Ålesund.
In order to prepare this measurement campaign, about 30 researchers from Germany (University of Leipzig, University of Köln, University of Bremen, University of Mainz, AWI, TROPOS), and France (OPGC University) took part in the workshop. Most of the participants are key international ACLOUD PIs, aircraft instrument scientists and (AC)³ researchers who will all actively take part in the ACLOUD campaign or use the data for their research.
The following items have been discussed during the workshop:
- presentation of science questions and discussion of case studies
- refining flight strategies
- discussion about the ACLOUD procedures, the work plan and the interface between the different groups (instruments, flight facility, flight planning)
- presenting the local infrastructure in Ny-Ålesund
- discussion about a common visualization domain and a common projection
The many lively discussions between theoretical meteorologists, instrument scientists, pilots and students taking part in the campaign made this workshop a successful meeting.
Further information can be found in the intranet.